- USCG WSS
- Elizabeth City, NC, USA
- Full Time
Medical/Dental, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, Short Term/Long Term Disability, 401K, Employee Assistance Program
As directed, the Warehouse Specialist performs a variety of warehousing duties that require an understanding of the establishment's storage plan. Work involves most of the following:
- Verifying materials (or merchandise) against receiving documents, noting and reporting discrepancies and obvious damages, routing materials to prescribed storage locations
- Storing, stacking, or palletizing materials in accordance with prescribed storage methods, rearranging and taking inventory of stored materials, examining stored materials and reporting deterioration and damage, removing material from storage and preparing it for shipment.
- Work may involve packing and repacking a variety of items such as industrial, electronic, aircraft and general parts, components, equipment, and other items including printed forms and publications that require a variety of packing procedures and techniques. Packing may be for shipment or storage.
- This worker will be responsible for the preparation of documents either manually or by using automated equipment such as computer terminals and bar code wands to read, store, track, and prepare materials documentation. As required, personnel assist with conducting inventories of material and equipment.
- They are able to use pallet measuring gauges and automated devices to ensure that proper height, weight, and other load and storage requirements are met and damage in storage or in transit is prevented.
- Forklift qualified (Standup and sit down types)
- Military Receiving and Shipping experience a plus but not required.
- Experience in Data Entry and warehouse management systems.
- Must be able to lift boxes between 50 and 75 pound, must be able to climb a ladder.
- 1 year experience in direct support in a logistic and supply warehousing environment.
- Additionally, at least 1 year experience in Coast Guard (CG) procedures to include proficiency in using the Asset Logistics Management Information System (ALMIS) and Asset Maintenance Management Information System (AMMIS) is highly desired.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!